Saturday, October 6, 2012

Canon 5D Mark II

    I can't say enough how much I love this camera, the image quality is invariably stunning, especially when used with Canon L lenses.  I've worked in camera sales and gotten to test dozens of cameras from consumer to professional grades, with a variety of lenses, and while there are cameras with "more features", I have not found a camera that consistently delivers the same quality of image that I get with my 5DmII.  Sure the Sony's have more frames per second, even more megapixels in a few models (who really needs more than 21mpx...geez) but I wouldn't trade in my 5D.  The only wish I would make for it would be faster auto focus in video mode, but as I don't use it that much, its not a significant downside.

    After purchasing Canon's 50mm f1.8 for it I learned the hard way, that when you have a beautiful machine, you don't attach low grade accessories.  Had I spent the few extra hundred for the L lens I would have been so much happier.  That lens has been relegated to my T3, which is my back up camera, should anything happy to my precious.

Do I look like papparazzi? Certainly, but its 100% worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment